Saturday night a couple of friends took me out to eat. At the end of the evening the waitress and her co-workers came and sang "happy birthday" and put down the yummiest mud pie ever!!! As we were eating, I was wondering how old the waitress thought I was turning. So she came around to get the check and I asked, "so...how old do you think I am turning?" She looked at me...and thought about it...and said, "I know early twenties, maybe 22?" I just smiled and said.."Try 30!!" She about died and then the 4 kids at home story just topped it off!! I know one day I'll love the compliment, but as of now, it's just kind of weird that I can't say I'm in my 20's. When I was younger I always thought 30 was soo old. So I guess the sayings true, 30's the new 20's lol!!
My mom invited us down for a Super Yummy birthday dinner yesterday. I hesitated (of course) but was so glad we went. The food was great and my mom made her home made chocolate ice cream. We ate and talked and ate and talked, while the kids swam and played all day long!! They love going to grandma and grandpas because they get to spend time with their cousins. Thanks everyone for making my 30th birthday special!!Here's some pics of the evening, there's kind of a lot because I got a new camera and was playing around with it (hence the cake and ice cream pic!!).....
Jada, Juliana, and Chloe
Isaac and Luke (my little fish in the spa)
The kids eating some chocolate cake and ice cream
Julianas face after dropping her cake all over the floor.
My sister Amy and her daughter Mallory.
Mallory really like the cake!!
Juliana and Chloe
Me and My 2 girls!!
My moms home made chocolate ice cream Amy made me my birthday cake and Isaac told her "Aunty Amy, you make the best cake ever!!" (it was super good!!)
Monday, September 29, 2008
30 something !!
Posted by THE TOKI TRIBE at 9:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

20 comments:
Happy Birthday! I had no idea you were turning 30. I remember thinking it was soo old too!
HAPPY BIIIIRRTTHDAY!!!! (If we could leave vocal comments, I would try and sing like the waitresses.) But I'd have to agree with them on you looking 22. Seriously, if I saw you on the street it'd be like... "uhm..maybe 19?" LOL. Love the pics and the cake AND ice cream looks just delish! Glad you had a GREAT day!
Happy birthday Sarah!
Happy 30th Hey, no body thought I was turning 30 either. I guess I should take it as a compliment??? Hope your day was awesome. What camera did you get? Cute pics of the fun day.
Happy Birthday Sarah. I used to get that compliment, but lately I feel much older. I think my kids are aging me. Anyways you are so young looking and that is a good thing. Live it up as long as you can. See ya soon!
Hey Happy Late Birthday!!! and NO you do NOT look like you are 30 yet. Looks like you had a fun party with your fam. Hey how come Amy doesnt have a blog??
Happy Birthday Sarah. You are only as old as you feel. Which I am sure that four kids helps you feel pretty young!
OK, this makes #8 and I have 2, and I hate that pic of me! And you will love lookin younger every year! I am glad you had a good time and I hoped you did enjoy yourself! Food WAS yummy huh! love you tons!
Happy Birthday (I am 2 days late sorry) I remember when I was little that 30 was so old but its totally not!
Happy Birthday Sarah!! I totally understand the feeling of turning 30!! After I turned 28 years old I stopped counting my age...lol....oh yeah I'm 31 right now...see what I mean? Yeah the 30's are the new 20's. You look super great having kids and for being 30 years old. You're a hot mama!!...lol...love ya Sarah!
Happy 30th! Welcome to the 30-35 box we now have to check! 30 is DEFINITLEY the new 20! If it's not we'll make it...right?! Sounds like you had a fun day.
That cracks me up how you asked the waitress she thought you were. Aren't you brave. Don't you just feel so old now? The other day I realized that I turn 31in a few months. I can't even be like "Yeah, I just turned 30". So sad. I feel like I am starting to look older. Just more wrinkles on my face. Anyways, glad you had a fun day.
okay darn all the comments,your mom must be so irritated! lol Well that was a fun night and a very yummy Mud pie I must add. I think you will always look young for your age. You have great genes. Your mom looks great for her age. It looks like you had a fun night and I wish I had some of that cake and ice cream:)
Happy Birthday Sarah! You look so fabulous! I loved looking young. . . like how I say 'loved'? I think I am now starting to look my age. My teenagers are giving me serious wrinkles and I am 1/2 gray! You are a great photographer btw!
Hey my TOFW friend! I was just checkin in on ya and wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! It really is very hard to believe you are 30 and even harder to believe you have 4 kids! You really do look so Great!!
Happy 30th!! 30 does seem old but you make it look so young! I'll be there before you know it, which seems so weird. I still feel like an 18 year old. Anyways, glad you had a fun bday. YUM on the homemade ice cream and chocolate cake. Looks delish!! Cute pics with your new camera. Always fun to get a new toy.
Happy Birthday my friend! You are by far the prettiest 30 year old I know!
Happy Birthday Sarah! Welcome to the 30's! Weird, isn't it? Glad you had a great day :)
18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????well, I was comin over to say I finally got 8, my most ever and here you sit with 18, well, 19 now with my 2nd comment!!!!! And thanks to Liz's comment, very nice!!
gotta chech my page! It's fun!
Love you!!!!
Happy Birthday! I do have to say that from your pictures you look exactly like I remember you from High School- you were always so pretty. Happy Birthday, I hope you havea great year.
Post a Comment